Russia-Ukraine battle: Checklist of key occasions, day 295 | Russia-Ukraine battle Information
Because the Russia-Ukraine battle enters its 295th day, we check out the principle developments.
Right here is the state of affairs because it stands on Thursday, December 15.
- Russia says no “Christmas ceasefire” is on the playing cards after practically 10 months of battle in Ukraine, rejecting a name by Kyiv to begin withdrawing troops by Christmas as a step to finish Europe’s greatest battle since World Conflict II.
- A number of Russian rocket launchers hit the regional administration constructing on the central sq. of the lately liberated southern metropolis of Kherson.
- The Kremlin has mentioned the Patriot missile defence systems can be a respectable goal for Russian assaults in opposition to Ukraine ought to the US authorise them to be delivered to help Kyiv.
- Ukraine has mentioned it secured the discharge of 64 Ukrainian members of the navy in its newest prisoner swap with Russian forces, in addition to a US citizen.
- Echoing a remark by the Kremlin, an adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy mentioned Russia wants to just accept the “new actuality” that Ukrainian land is not going to stay a part of Russian territory.
- A European Union speaker mentioned the Ukrainian parliament has handed all of the reforms wanted earlier than talks on becoming a member of the bloc.
- The German parliament’s finances committee has accepted a 10bn-euro ($10.50bn) buy of F-35 fighter jets produced by the US, two committee members advised Reuters information company.
- The US is transferring to impose sanctions on Vladimir Potanin, one among Russia’s wealthiest males.