Because the Russia-Ukraine warfare enters its 249th day, we check out the primary developments.
Right here is the scenario because it stands on Sunday, October 30.
- Russia has pulled out of July’s UN-brokered grain deal, which allowed main exporter Ukraine to ship agricultural produce, after what it mentioned was a drone assault on Russian ships in occupied Crimea.
- Russian Ambassador to Washington Anatoly Antonov has slammed the US for not condemning what he mentioned have been the “reckless actions by the Kyiv regime” in focusing on the port of Sevastopol.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy says Russia is making an attempt to create a famine in Africa, the Center East and South Asia, calling for a robust response from the United Nations and the Group of 20 main economies.
- Ukraine’s international minister Dmytro Kuleba has accused Moscow of utilizing a “false pretext” to droop its participation within the grain deal, urging “all states to demand Russia to cease its starvation video games and recommit to its obligations”.
- US President Joe Biden known as the transfer “purely outrageous”, saying it will improve starvation.
- “Any act by Russia to disrupt these important grain exports is basically an announcement that individuals and households around the globe ought to pay extra for meals or go hungry,” US Secretary of State Antony Blinken mentioned in an announcement.
Nord Stream, Crimea
- Russia’s defence ministry has mentioned British navy personnel blew up the Nord Stream gasoline pipelines final month, a declare that London mentioned was false and designed to distract from Russian navy failures in Ukraine.
- Moscow provided no proof for its declare. The ministry additionally mentioned “British specialists” directed Ukrainian drone assaults on Russian Black Sea fleet ships in Crimea earlier on Saturday – which it mentioned have been largely repelled by Russian forces, with minor harm to a Russian minesweeper.
- Suspected brokers working for Russian President Vladimir Putin hacked British former UK Prime Minister Liz Truss’s private cellphone, getting access to “top-secret particulars” of negotiations with worldwide allies, the Each day Mail reported on Saturday.
- Russia mentioned the accelerated deployment of modernised US B61 tactical nuclear weapons at NATO bases in Europe would decrease the “nuclear threshold” and that Russia would take the transfer under consideration in its navy planning.
- The pinnacle of Germany’s Navy Counter-Intelligence Service, Martina Rosenberg, has warned of accelerating exercise
by adversarial intelligence providers.