“And don’t overlook to thank Him” Philippians 4:6
In my day by day devotional at some point, the phrases of the music Depend Your Blessings, Title Them One by One was included. I haven’t sung that music for a very long time – the phrases are large:
Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross appear heavy you’re known as to bear?
Depend your many blessings, ev’ry doubt will fly,
And you may be singing as the times go by.
What a beautiful reminder to take the time to consider what God is doing for us. Too typically we focus simply on the horrid issues – the evil, the hurricanes, the floods and devastation and famine.
However take time on daily basis to verbalize or write all you’re grateful for. Chances are you’ll wish to use this define. Doing so will revitalize your soul.
Start With Thanksgiving
Psalm 100:4 tells us,
“Enter into His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with reward.”
• Thank Him for His endurance and forgiveness.
• Thank Him for the privilege of coming into His presence.
• Thank Him for what He has accomplished in and thru your life within the final 12 months.
Listing What He Has Carried out
Take time to checklist what God has accomplished for you. Be particular. Suppose via each space of your life.
- Turn into Nonetheless Earlier than the Lord. (Psalm 46:10)
- Take into account who God is. (Psalm 103)
- Reward Him for His attributes. (Psalm 145)
- Rejoice in your fellowship with Him and that He delights in you. (Proverbs 15:8)
- Learn passages of scripture and pray them again to God. (Psalms 146-150)
- Sing to the Lord.
Lord I thank You for the fantastic thing about the seasons. I thank You for well being and power. I thank You for individuals to like and individuals who love me. I really like You God and thanks for loving me first. Amen.
By Katherine Kehler
Utilized by Permission
• Unexpected Opportunity to be Thankful – Grateful for having most cancers? For Herb Buller, sure.